THIS TRUCK IS A FIRST PLACE JUNIOR AAACA AWARD WINNER! (ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE CLUB OF AMERICA) THE AWARD GOES WITH THE TRUCK, NOT THE OWNER! Any AACA member can show this at a national meet and seek FIRST PLACE SENIOR.
This truck was restored in 2011 and 2012. Down to metal. Between 2017 and 2019, the following was completed:
- Moved the back of the drivers’ seat back approximately six inches to allow for comfort behind the steering wheel- men in 1935 were a lot thinner than today.
- Removed the tank; the end of thank with original lettering was reclaimed by the Millville FD and brought “home.” New “rear end installed.
- New diamond plate flooring on front floor and firewall.
- Truck converted to 12 volts; battery
moved to engine compartment firewall.
- Automatic transmission installed.
- Tank area replaced with diamond plate walls and flooring; are sufficient for hose/equipment storage; parade friendly (Santa, musicians, etc). Back side of truck converted to door to gain entry to the former tank area. Rear lights installed on door.
- Air horns installed.
- Visibile wiring updated.
- New gas tank installed under the hose reel with filler tube at side compartment door.
- New starter
- Truck relettered to RETRO FIRE DEPARTMENT.
- All new running board rubber, July 2019.
AUGUST 2019: Rust bubbles and scratches are becoming evident. I am offering two prices; one as is and one after the body work is done. There is also paint damage from magnetic signs.
Interested? Let’s talk. Asing $ 19,000 w/o body work and 24,000 with body work.
Photos were taken August 5, 2019.
Also, see Enjine! Engine! 2018-2 pages 7 & 8 “History of a Tank”
Kevin Lynch Email or 941-223-8682 or 864-973-8646